I'm usually not a fan of "semi-homemade" things. I much prefer to start everything from scratch, like using fresh tomatoes as opposed to canned tomatoes. However, sometimes when you are pressed for time, a quick elaboration on an already made food is not a bad idea either. I present you our dinner last night, a little twist from the usual water boiled ravioli.
I really need a lesson on food photographing. I don't like my photos at all.
Pan Fried Ravioli
some chopped fresh garlic
pinch of cayenne pepper
1/2 tablespoon of butter or 1 tablespoon of olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
- bring a large pot to a boil, and once it's boiling, add some salt
- cook the ravioli for 5 minutes, drain it
- heat butter or olive oil in a nonstick pan
- add garlic and saute for a little
- add ravioli to the pan and let it brown over medium heat
- sprinkle the cayenne pepper, salt and pepper on top of the ravioli
- turn the ravioli over and brown the other side
- remove from pan and serve with freshly grated cheese