February 8, 2010

Super Bowl Sunday


well.. it's matters to me not since I know absolutely nothing about American football. I don't even understand the rule to watch the game, but I put it on anyway. I do know that the quarterback for the Colts is Peyton Manning, who won MVP in 2007 and the next year his brother Eli Manning won MVP with the NY. Giants. I like trivia like this so I was slightly rooting for the Colts to win again! I have never been to a Superbowl party, but if I were to host one, here's the recipe I would serve =)


Mini Quiches with Goat Cheese and Sun-dried Tomatoes Recipe
(from Exclusively Food for the basics)


Makes 18 mini quiches.

3 large eggs
90ml heavy cream 
3 teaspoons (18g) grated onion
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg (I omitted that)
Salt and pepper
2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed 
1 cup of goat cheese and mozzarella
About 48 pieces of sun-dried tomatoes (depending on the size)

  • Preheat oven to 210 degrees Celsius (190 degrees Celsius fan-forced).
  • Generously grease a muffin pan (about 1/3 cup capacity holes).
  • Using a fork or small whisk, beat eggs, cream, grated onion, nutmeg, salt and pepper in a small bowl until well combined.
  • Using a round cutter with a diameter of 8cm, cut nine circles from each sheet of pastry. © 
  • Line each muffin hole with a pastry round.
  • Divide and sun-dried tomatoes evenly between pastry cases.
  • Spoon about one tablespoon of egg mixture into each pastry case.
  • Bake for about 20-22 minutes, or until quiches are golden and puffed. If you intend to reheat the quiches, reduce the baking time by about two minutes. This will prevent the quiches from overbrowning when reheated.
  • Serve quiches hot or at room temperature.
  • Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. 
This is a great recipe, and allows for many variations in terms of fillings. Take a look at the Exclusively Food blog for more variations. I love using the puff pastry for crust, it tasted much better than regular quiche crust, which I'm not a fan of. I normally really dislike the taste of goat cheese by itself, but when it is combined with the sweet and saltiness of sun-dried tomato, it's really amazing. These little quiches are also extremely easy and quick to make and are great for parties... if I were ever to host one!











No comments:

Post a Comment