December 23, 2010

Pan Fried Ravioli


I'm usually not a fan of "semi-homemade" things. I much prefer to start everything from scratch, like using fresh tomatoes as opposed to canned tomatoes. However, sometimes when you are pressed for time, a quick elaboration on an already made food is not a bad idea either. I present you our dinner last night, a little twist from the usual water boiled ravioli.

I really need a lesson on food photographing. I don't like my photos at all.



Pan Fried Ravioli



frozen ravioli
some chopped fresh garlic
pinch of cayenne pepper
1/2 tablespoon of butter or 1 tablespoon of olive oil
salt and pepper to taste








  1.  bring a large pot to a boil, and once it's boiling, add some salt
  2.  cook the ravioli for 5 minutes, drain it
  3. heat butter or olive oil in a nonstick pan
  4. add garlic and saute for a little
  5. add ravioli to the pan and let it brown over medium heat
  6. sprinkle the cayenne pepper, salt and pepper on top of the ravioli
  7. turn the ravioli over and brown the other side
  8. remove from pan and serve with freshly grated cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment