January 7, 2011

Ginger Milk Custard and Happy 2Ö11

It seems like my writing muse was left behind when the new year came. Actually, that's not really true, I was just overcame by laziness these days. It really takes effort to upload photos (and some editing... ) and to write something to go along with the photos. I applaud those bloggers who update daily. All of my favorite winter holidays have passed, but luckily there is still the lunar new year on Feb 3. In fact, I am particularly excited about this new lunar year because according to my dad, my luck will take a turn for the better. Apparently tiger year is not a good year for rat...




Double Boiled Ginger Custard
(recipe from My Kitchen)

3 large egg whites
360ml fresh milk
2 tbsp condensed milk
1 tbsp ginger juice (add more if desired)
  1. In a mixing bowl, bring together all ingredients and gently mix until sugar is dissolved.
  2. Sieve the mixture then fill individual serving bowls or ramekins.
  3. Double boil over lowest heat for 15-20 minutes.(or use a rice cooker to steam it, and prop open the cover with a chopstick to prevent grainy custard)
  4. Serve warm or chilled.
I enjoyed this recipe very much. It tasted just like the ginger custard that you make when you mix ginger juice and hot milk, but this way you get to use up leftover egg whites and the custard will always turn out perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment